The 115th Congress began at noon on January 3, 2017. Committee assignments for the new Congress have not yet been made.
The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation will hold an organizational business meeting to consider committee rules, an original resolution authorizing expenditures by the committee during the 115th Congress,
- S.19, to provide opportunities for broadband investment,
- S.81, to establish an advisory office within the Bureau of Consumer Protection of the Federal Trade Commission to prevent fraud targeting seniors,
- S.88, to ensure appropriate spectrum planning and interagency coordination to support the Internet of Things,
- S.89, to amend title 46, United States Code, to exempt old vessels that only operate within inland waterways from the fire-retardant materials requirement if the owners of such vessels make annual structural alterations to at least 10 percent of the areas of the vessels that are not constructed of fire-retardant materials and for other purposes,
- S.96, to amend the Communications Act of 1934 to ensure the integrity of voice communications and to prevent unjust or unreasonable discrimination among areas of the United States in the delivery of such communications,
- S.102, to direct the Federal Communications Commission to commence proceedings related to the resiliency of critical communications networks during times of emergency,
- S.110, to require the Secretary of Commerce, acting through the Administrator of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, to establish a constituent-driven program to provide a digital information platform capable of efficiently integrating coastal data with decision-support tools, training, and best practices and to support collection of priority coastal geospatial data to inform and improve local, State, regional, and Federal capacities to manage the coastal region,
- S.118, to make exclusive the authority of the Federal Government to regulate the labeling of products made in the United States and introduced in interstate or foreign commerce,
- S.123, to amend the Communications Act of 1934 to require multi-line telephone systems to have a default configuration that permits users to directly initiate a call to 9-1-1 without dialing any additional digit, code, prefix, or post-fix,
- S.129, to reauthorize and amend the National Sea Grant College Program Act,
- S.134, to expand the prohibition on misleading or inaccurate caller identification information,
- S.141, to improve understanding and forecasting of space weather events,
- H.R.255, to authorize the National Science Foundation to support entrepreneurial programs for women,
- H.R.321, to inspire women to enter the aerospace field, including science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, through mentorship and outreach, an original bill entitled “Commercial Vessel Incidental Discharge Act”, an original bill entitled “National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Officer Corps Amendments and Hydrographic Services Improvement Act Reauthorization and Amendments Act of 2017”, and an original bill entitled “Federal Communications Commission Consolidated Reporting Act”.